Well, the secret is out, we have launched CeramiGlass. Is it ceramic? Nope. But why the “Cerami” in the name? Simply because it’s as hard as ceramic enamel but it’s far from it. Currently applied via curtain coat and screen print, this product is a ZERO VOC coating for glass. No heavy metals or other nasty bits to worry about and it can be cured at both tempering temperatures (1,200 F/650 C) AND lower sub-tempering temperatures (650 F/345 C). I know! It sounds crazy but the coating is fully cured and usable for lots of applications at both temperatures! You thinking what I’m thinking? Stock sheets of cured product that can be cut and transformed, then run through a tempering oven? Yea, I was thinking the same thing.
Not only that but due to how well it cures at lower temperatures, here are a few other key points to think about:
- Lower energy costs because you do not have to ramp up as much heat as ceramic in the curing process.
- Excellent green strength that allows for fixing ink transfer issues with ceramic in auto windshield applications, I’m talking S2 issues fixed!
- Appliance glass – oven doors and range tops. 9H hardness and extreme chemical resistance.
- Auto glass – obscuration bands, side lites, etc. S2 and S4, both applications seeing past issues fixed and less energy costs.
- Sprayable product (currently curtain coater and screen print)
- Roller-coatable product
- Expanded colors (base colors available right now are black, white, green, blue, red, yellow)
- New line of frost, sandblast, and acid etch effects that look and feel like the real thing, without the chemical to do so.